May 10, 2021 COMMITTEE AGENDA – APPROPRIATIONS
10 a.m. in John L. Burton Hearing Room (4203)
(Please note time change)
NOTICE: We strongly discourage in person attendance, but individuals wishing to attend the hearing in person are advised that we must balance the opportunity for the public to participate in the legislative process, with the critical need to protect public health.
In order to maintain physical distancing, seating will be limited. If we cannot provide you with entry consistent with physical distancing and or face covering requirements, you can watch the proceedings online or listen by using the toll free phone number. Those who attend in person will be required to follow directions from the Senate Sergeant-at-Arms.
Written comments or testimony can be provided directly to the committees by emailing the committee. Committee websites are found at: senate.ca.gov/committees.
For public comment and testimony, using the teleconference system, please refer to the committee website for the toll free number.
Telephonic participation in committees is available during hearings by calling in during the public comment period. You can dial the phone number provided by the Chair of the committee at the time of the hearing or find the number posted on the committee website. As is our normal practice, public comment will be accepted at the conclusion of each bill presentation.
Teleconference Quick Tips
- Call the toll free number and enter the access code
- You will enter the ‘waiting room’ where you can listen but will be muted
- Mute the device you are watching the hearing on
- Listen to the hearing using the phone
- When prompted for your position dial 1-0 (one time only)
- Be patient and an operator will give you a line number, there can be a short wait
- Once you receive your line number, you are now in the queue
- Wait in the queue, the moderator will call your line number and unmute you
- You are now ready to address the committee
- For further detailed instructions on using the teleconference service, please visit the committee webpage www.senate.ca.gov/committees
MEASURES TO BE HEARD IN FILE ORDER
- S.B.No. 2 Bradford.Peace officers: certification: civil rights.
- S.B.No. 6 Caballero.Local planning: housing: commercial zones.
- S.B.No. 9 Atkins.Housing development: approvals.
- S.B.No. 10 Wiener.Planning and zoning: housing development: density.
- S.B.No. 27 Skinner.Carbon sequestration: state goals: natural and working lands: registry of projects.
- S.B.No. 31 Cortese.Building decarbonization.
- S.B.No. 37 Cortese.Contaminated Site Cleanup and Safety Act.
- S.B.No. 39 Grove.Fraudulent claims: inmates. (Urgency)
- S.B.No. 42 Wieckowski.Department of Toxic Substances Control: Board of Environmental Safety.
- S.B.No. 53 Leyva.Unsolicited images.
- S.B.No. 66 Allen.California Council on the Future of Transportation: advisory committee: autonomous vehicle technology.
- S.B.No. 69 McGuire.North Coast Railroad Authority: right-of-way: Great Redwood Trail Agency: Sonoma-Marin Area Rail Transit District.
- S.B.No. 227 Jones.Off-highway vehicles.
- S.B.No. 229 Dahle.Pupil health: mental health services: grants.
- S.B.No. 232 Nielsen.Employment Development Department: policies and practices.
- S.B.No. 235 Allen.Industrial hemp products. (Urgency)
- S.B.No. 241 Umberg.Civil actions.
- S.B.No. 244 Archuleta.Lithium-ion batteries: illegal disposal: fire prevention.
- S.B.No. 287 Grove.Vehicles: trailers.
- S.B.No. 306 Pan.Sexually transmitted disease: testing.
- S.B.No. 335 Cortese.Workers’ compensation: liability.
- S.B.No. 351 Caballero.Water Innovation Act of 2021.
- S.B.No. 354 Skinner.Foster youth: relative placement.
- S.B.No. 364 Skinner.Pupil meals: Free School Meals For All Act of 2021.
- S.B.No. 372 Leyva.Medium- and heavy-duty fleet purchasing assistance program: zero-emission vehicles.
- S.B.No. 379 Wiener.University of California: contracts: health facilities.
- S.B.No. 387 Portantino.Peace officers: certification, education, and recruitment.
- S.B.No. 390 Laird.Employment Development Department: comprehensive plan.
- S.B.No. 418 Laird.Sea level rise planning: database.
- S.B.No. 419 Stern.Oil and gas: regulation: skilled and trained workforce.
- S.B.No. 420 Umberg.Unemployment insurance: Unemployment Insurance Integrity Enforcement Act.
- S.B.No. 421 Bradford.Vehicles: driving under the influence of alcohol and drugs.
- S.B.No. 437 Wieckowski.Local publicly owned electric utilities: integrated resource planning: transportation electrification.
- S.B.No. 451 Dodd.Beverage container recycling: pilot program. (Urgency)
- S.B.No. 452 Gonzalez.State government: Immigrant and Refugee Affairs Agency: Office of Immigrant and Refugee Affairs.
- S.B.No. 456 Laird.Fire prevention: forest health: action plan: reports.
- S.B.No. 459 Allen.Political Reform Act of 1974: lobbying.
- S.B.No. 465 Eggman.Mental health.
- S.B.No. 470 Jones.Fishing and hunting: annual combined hunting and fishing licenses.
- S.B.No. 476 Min.California Financing Law: program administrators.
- S.B.No. 478 Wiener.Planning and Zoning Law: housing development projects.
- S.B.No. 481 Durazo.Sentencing: special circumstances.
- S.B.No. 483 Allen.Sentencing: resentencing to remove sentencing enhancements.
- S.B.No. 491 Nielsen.Cigarette and Tobacco Products Licensing Act of 2003.
- S.B.No. 496 Laird.Flood control: water development projects: Pajaro River.
- S.B.No. 497 Limón.Qualifying accounts for direct deposit of publically administered funds.
- S.B.No. 500 Min.Autonomous vehicles: zero emissions.
- S.B.No. 525 Grove.School closures: mental health effects. (Urgency)
- S.B.No. 528 Jones.Juveniles: health information summary: psychotropic medication.
- S.B.No. 535 Limón.Biomarker testing.
- S.B.No. 537 Rubio.Child welfare: domestic violence.
- S.B.No. 538 Rubio.Domestic violence and gun violence restraining orders.
- S.B.No. 546 Wilk.Communications: lifeline universal service. (Urgency)
- S.B.No. 550 Dahle.Legislature: employment.
- S.B.No. 552 Hertzberg.Drought planning: small water suppliers: nontransient noncommunity water systems.
- S.B.No. 559 Hurtado.Department of Water Resources: water conveyance systems: Canal Conveyance Capacity Restoration Fund.
- S.B.No. 562 Portantino.Health care coverage: pervasive developmental disorders or autism.
- S.B.No. 569 Umberg.Public contracts: judicial branch entities.
- S.B.No. 582 Stern.Climate Emergency Mitigation, Safe Restoration, and Just Resilience Act of 2021.
- S.B.No. 583 Newman.Elections: Voter registration: California New Motor Voter Program.
- S.B.No. 589 Hueso.Air pollution: alternative vehicles and vehicle infrastructure.
- S.B.No. 592 Dahle.Fish and wildlife: working group: catastrophic wildfires: reports.
- S.B.No. 605 Eggman.Medical Device Right to Repair Act.
- S.B.No. 658 Grove.Property tax: exemptions: disabled veterans. (Tax Levy)
- S.B.No. 664 Allen.Hospice licensure: moratorium on new licenses.
- S.B.No. 670 Caballero.Form preparers: immigration.
- S.B.No. 674 Durazo.Public Contracts: workforce development: transportation-related contracts.
- S.B.No. 689 Hertzberg.Records: blockchain.
- S.B.No. 702 Limón.Gubernatorial appointments: report.
- S.B.No. 705 Hueso.Workforce development: Binational Education and Workforce Opportunities Act.
- S.B.No. 726 Gonzalez.Alternative fuel and vehicle technologies: Sustainable Transportation Strategy.
- S.B.No. 727 Leyva.Labor-related liabilities: direct contractor.
- S.B.No. 728 Hertzberg.Density Bonus Law: purchase of density bonus units by nonprofit housing organizations.
- S.B.No. 739 Cortese.California Universal Basic Income for Transition Age Youth pilot project.
- S.B.No. 743 Bradford.Housing developments: broadband adoption: grant program.
- S.B.No. 744 Glazer.Communicable diseases: respiratory disease information.
- S.B.No. 752 Allen.Elections: disclosure of contributors.
- S.B.No. 755 Roth.Workforce development: training-related job placement: reporting.
- S.B.No. 777 Bradford.Insurance taxation: credit: California Jumpstart Act.
- S.B.No. 790 Stern.Wildlife connectivity mitigation credits.
- S.B.No. 804 Glazer.California Conservation Corps: forestry training center: formerly incarcerated individuals: reporting.
- S.B.No. 805 Rubio.Small nonprofit performing arts organizations: payroll and paymaster services grants: employment grants.
- S.B.No. 820 Committee on Governmental Organization.Horse racing: state-designated fairs: allocation of revenues: gross receipts for sales and use tax.