Check the Daily Files
- Check the CA Senate Daily File
- Check the CA Assembly Daily File
Excerpts from July 13 Senate Daily File
- Mon July 12 — Floor Session, 2 pm
- Tue July 13 — Check-in Session, tbd
- Wed July 14 — Check-in Session, 2 pm
- Thu July 15 — Floor Session, 9 am
- Mon Aug 16 — Floor Session, 2 pm
July 13 ASSEMBLY BILLS—SECOND READING FILE
A.B. No. 537 — Quirk. An act relating to communications. Vote required: 21
- Jun. 1 — Read third time. Passed. Ordered to the Senate. (Ayes 74. Noes 1.)
- Jun. 2 — In Senate. Read ﬁrst time. To Com. on RLS. for assignment.
- Jun. 9 — Referred to Coms. on E., U. & C. and GOV. & F.
- Jun. 22 — From committee: Do pass and re-refer to Com. on GOV. & F. (Ayes 10. Noes 0.) (June 21). Re-referred to Com. on GOV. & F. – Jul.
- Jul. 1 — From committee chair, with author’s amendments: Amend, and re-refer to committee. Read second time, amended, and re-referred to Com. on GOV. & F.
- Jul. 12 — From committee: Amend, and do pass as amended and re-refer to Com. on APPR. (Ayes 5. Noes 0.) (July 8).
Tue July 13 — Sen. Transportation Committee
- 9 a.m. — Senate Chamber
- Sen. Gonzalez, Chair
MEASURES HEARD IN FILE ORDER
- S.C.R. No. 39 Allen. Officer Tommy Scott Memorial Highway.
- A.B. No. 41 Wood. Broadband infrastructure deployment.
- A.B. No. 43 Friedman. Traffic safety.
- A.B. No. 349 Holden. Small businesses: contracting: outreach: underrepresented groups.
- A.B. No. 363 Medina. Carl Moyer Memorial Air Quality Standards Attainment Program.
- A.B. No. 641 Holden. Transportation electriﬁcation: local publicly owned electric utilities.
- A.B. No. 723 Low. Foreign driver’s licenses.
- A.B. No. 773 Nazarian. Street closures and designations.
- A.B. No. 796 Berman. Voter registration: California New Motor Voter Program.
- A.B. No. 1147 Friedman. Regional transportation plan: Active Transportation Program.
- A.B. No. 1302 Quirk. Commercial cannabis billboards: placement restrictions.
- A.B. No. 1389 Reyes. Alternative and Renewable Fuel and Vehicle Technology Program.
- A.B. No. 1524 O’Donnell. State Air Resources Board: zero-emission drayage trucks: Project 800 initiative.
- A.C.R. No. 88 O’Donnell. Long Beach International Gateway Bridge.
Wed July 14 — Sen. Health Committee
- Senate Chamber: Upon adjournment of Business, Professions and Economic Development Committee
- Sen. Pan, Chair
MEASURES HEARD IN FILE ORDER
- A.B. No. 32 Aguiar-Curry. Telehealth.
- A.B. No. 535 Aguiar-Curry. Olive oil: labeling.
- A.B. No. 61 Gabriel. Business pandemic relief. (Urgency)
- A.B. No. 97 Nazarian. Health care coverage: insulin affordability.
- A.B. No. 218 Ward. Change of gender and sex identiﬁer.
- A.B. No. 389 Grayson. Ambulance services.
- A.B. No. 501 Cristina Garcia. Reduction of human remains and the disposition of reduced human remains.
- A.B. No. 808 Stone. Foster youth.
- A.B. No. 858 Jones-Sawyer. Employment: health information technology: clinical practice guidelines: worker rights.
- A.B. No. 1306 Arambula. Health Professions Careers Opportunity Program. 1407 Burke. Nurses: implicit bias courses.
- A.B. No. 1436 Chau. Information privacy: digital health feedback systems. 1542 McCarty. County of Yolo: Secured Residential Treatment Program.
Wed July 14 — Sen. Rules Committee
- Room 3191 at 1:30 pm
- Sen. Atkins, Chair
GOVERNOR’S APPOINTEES REQUIRED TO APPEAR
- LIANA M. BAILEY-CRIMMINS, Chief, Office of Technology Services, Department of Technology
- SUZANNE M. MARTINDALE, J.D., Senior Deputy Commissioner, Division of Consumer Financial Protection, Department of Financial Protection and Innovation
- MARIA GUADALUPE (LUPE) JAIME-MILEHAM, Ed.D, Deputy Director, Child Care and Development Division, Department of Social Services
GOVERNOR’S APPOINTEES REQUIRED TO APPEAR
- CHRISTOPHER W. CHASE, Member, Board of Forestry and Fire Protection
- KELLY X. RANASINGHE, J.D., Member, Board of Behavioral Sciences
- YVETTE C. WILLIS, Member, Board of Behavioral Sciences
- JOHANNA K. HARTWIG, J.D., Member, Commission on Teacher Credentialing
Closed session pursuant to Section 7(c)(3) of Article IV of the California Constitution, Section 9029(a) of the Government Code, and Senate Rule 21.5(i).
Thu July 15 — Sen. Appropriations Committee
- Room 4203, Upon adjournment of Session
- Sen. Portantino, Chair
MEASURES TO BE HEARD IN FILE ORDER
- S.C.A. No. 1 Hertzberg. Elections: referenda.
- S.C.A. No. 2 Allen. Public housing projects.
- A.B. No. 7 Rodriguez. Emergency ambulance employees: multithreat body protective gear.
- A.B. No. 56 Salas. Beneﬁts: outgoing mail: claim processing: reporting.
- A.B. No. 57 Gabriel. Law enforcement: hate crimes.
- A.B. No. 73 Robert Rivas. Health emergencies: employment safety: agricultural workers: wildﬁre smoke. (Urgency)
- A.B. No. 114 Maienschein. Medi-Cal beneﬁts: rapid Whole Genome Sequencing.
- A.B. No. 118 Kamlager. Emergency services: community response: grant program..
- A.B. No. 221 Santiago. Emergency food assistance. (Urgency) 232 Gallagher. Off-highway vehicles: reciprocity.
- A.B. No. 256 Kalra. Criminal procedure: discrimination.
- A.B. No. 279 Muratsuchi. Intermediate care facilities and skilled nursing facilities: COVID-19. (Urgency)
- A.B. No. 287 Quirk. Civil actions: statute of limitations.
- A.B. No. 296 Gipson. Sales and use taxes: exclusion: pawnbrokers: transfer of vested property. (Tax Levy) 298 Irwin. Accountancy: California Board of Accountancy.
- A.B. No. 305 Maienschein. Veteran services: notice.
- A.B. No. 340 Ward. Golden State Scholarshare Trust: Personal Income Tax Law: gross income: deductions.
- A.B. No. 388 Medina. Certiﬁcated school employees: probationary employees.
- A.B. No. 397 Mayes. Unemployment insurance: beneﬁts: disqualiﬁcation:notice.
- A.B. No. 401 Chiu. Employment Development Department: language translations.
- A.B. No. 402 Wicks. Office of the Claimant Advocate and Stakeholder Advisory Group.
- A.B. No. 430 Grayson. Debt collection: identity theft.
- A.B. No. 438 Reyes. School employees: classiﬁed employees: layoff notice and hearing.
- A.B. No. 457 Santiago. Protection of Patient Choice in Telehealth Provider Act.
- A.B. No. 470 Carrillo. Medi-Cal: eligibility.
- A.B. No. 488 Irwin. Charitable organizations: charitable fundraising platforms and platform charities.
- A.B. No. 536 Rodriguez. Office of Emergency Services: mutual aid gap analysis.
- A.B. No. 540 Petrie-Norris. Program of All-Inclusive Care for the Elderly.
- A.B. No. 546 Maienschein. Dependent children: documents: housing.
- A.B. No. 570 Santiago. Dependent parent health care coverage.
- A.B. No. 592 Friedman. Foster youth: transitional housing.
- A.B. No. 604 Daly. Road Maintenance and Rehabilitation Account: apportionment of funds: accrued interest.
- A.B. No. 615 Rodriguez. Higher Education Employer-Employee Relations
- A.B. No. 628 Eduardo Garcia. Breaking Barriers to Employment Initiative. 643 Ramos. Apprenticeship programs: career fairs.
- A.B. No. 653 Waldron. Medication-Assisted Treatment Grant Program. 663 Chen. Corporations: electronic transmissions: bylaws: emergency powers.
- A.B. No. 713 Cristina Garcia. State Air Resources Board: greenhouse gas emissions scoping plan: comprehensive health analysis.
- A.B. No. 719 Committee on Agriculture. Bees.
- A.B. No. 777 McCarty. State property: transfer: housing
- A.B. No. 783 Gray. Surface mines: safety regulation.
- A.B. No. 803 Boerner Horvath. Starter Home Revitalization Act of 2021.
- A.B. No. 888 Levine. Mobile slaughter operations: sheep, goats, and swine.
- A.B. No. 890 Cervantes. Public employee retirement systems: investment management: reports.
- A.B. No. 1009 Bloom. Farm to School Food Hub Program.
- A.B. No. 1023 Flora. Contractors and subcontractors: records: penalties. 1024 Santiago. Hazardous substances: correction and remedial actions: milestones and contracting.
- A.B. No. 1029 Mullin. Housing elements: prohousing local policies. (Urgency) 1031 Villapudua. State agencies: interns and student assistants: hiring preference.
- A.B. No. 1035 Salas. Department of Transportation and local agencies: streets and highways: recycled materials.
- A.B. No. 1071 Rodriguez. Office of Emergency Services: tabletop exercises. (Urgency)
- A.B. No. 1103 Megan Dahle. Agricultural lands: farmers and producers: managerial employees: agricultural pass program: disaster access to farmlands.
- A.B. No. 1105 Rodriguez. Hospital workers: COVID-19 testing.
- A.B. No. 1106 Cervantes. Employment Training Panel: pilot program: employment training needs.
- A.B. No. 1113 Medina. Public postsecondary education: exemption from tuition and fees: qualifying survivors of persons providing medical or emergency services deceased during COVID-19 California state of emergency.
- A.B. No. 1219 Berman. Income taxes: Natural Heritage Preservation Tax Credit Act of 2000. (Tax Levy)
- A.B. No. 1228 Lee. Supervised persons: release.
- A.B. No. 1238 Ting. Pedestrian access.
- A.B. No. 1257 Patterson. Small independent telephone corporations: rate- making.
- A.B. No. 1347 Jones-Sawyer. Bail: premiums.
- A.B. No. 1390 Boerner Horvath. State lands: school and lieu lands.
- A.B. No. 1441 Cervantes. Emergency services: emergency plans: critically-ill newborn infants.
- A.B. No. 1452 Ting. Pilot program: increased fee for low-income jurors: criminal trials.
- A.B. No. 1455 Wicks. Sexual assault by law enforcement officers: actions against public entities: statute of limitations.
- A.B. No. 1499 Daly. Transportation: design-build: highways.
- A.B. No. 1550 Luz Rivas. Higher education labor relations: employee organizations.
- A.B. No. 1568 Committee on Emergency Management. California Emergency Services Act: Office of Emergency Services: statewide registry. (Urgency) 1570 Committee on Natural Resources. Public resources: omnibus bill.
Excerpts from July 13 Assembly Daily File
AB.1223 (Levine) Firearms
SB.3111 (Hueso) Health care facilities
SB.391 (Min) Common interest developments
SB.432 (Wieckowski) Common interest developments
SB.392 (Archuleta) Common interest developments
SB.319 (Aguiar) Land Use
SB.297 (Durazo) Subsurface installations
Wed July 14 — Appropriations
- State Capitol, Assembly Chamber at 9 am
- Asm. Lorena Gonzalez, Chair
MEASURES HEARD IN FILE ORDER
- S.B. No. 752 Allen. Elections: disclosure of contributors.
- S.B. No. 268 Archuleta. Parks and recreation: Lower Los Angeles River Recreation and Park District: Lower San Gabriel River Recreation and Park District: establishment: board of directors.
- S.B. No. 1 Atkins. Coastal resources: sea level rise.
- S.B. No. 454 Bates. Child support: enforcement.
- S.B. No. 68 Becker. Building electrification and electric vehicle charging.
- S.B. No. 596 Becker. Greenhouse gases: cement sector: net-zero emissions strategy.
- S.B. No. 303 Borgeas. Property taxation: transfer of base year value: disaster relief. (Tax Levy)
- S.B. No. 694 Bradford. Fire prevention: electrical corporations: wildfire mitigation: workforce diversity.
- S.B. No. 626 Dodd. Department of Water Resources: Procurement Methods.
- S.B. No. 62 Durazo. Employment: garment manufacturing.
- S.B. No. 403 Gonzalez. Drinking water: consolidation.
- S.B. No. 572 Hertzberg. Labor Commissioner: enforcement: lien on real property.
- S.B. No. 728 Hertzberg. Density Bonus Law: purchase of density bonus units by nonprofit housing organizations.
- S.B. No. 416 Hueso. Corrections: educational programs.
- S.B. No. 108 Hurtado. State Healthy Food Access Policy.
- S.B. No. 453 Hurtado. California State University Agricultural Research Institute grant program: Agricultural Biosecurity Fund.
- S.B. No. 609 Hurtado. CalFresh.
- S.B. No. 358 Jones. Property crimes: mail theft.
- S.B. No. 470 Jones. Fishing and hunting: annual combined hunting and fishing licenses.
- S.B. No. 584 Jones. Resource Family Approval Program.
- S.B. No. 496 Laird. Flood control: water development projects: Pajaro River.
- S.B. No. 574 Laird. Agricultural preserves: Williamson Act.
- S.B. No. 215 Leyva. DNA evidence.
- S.B. No. 296 Limón. Code enforcement officers: safety standards.
- S.B. No. 263 Rubio. Real estate applicants and licensees: education requirements: fair housing and implicit bias training.
- S.B. No. 538 Rubio. Domestic violence and gun violence restraining orders.
- S.B. No. 678 Rubio. Unaccompanied Women Experiencing Homelessness Act of 2021.
- S.B. No. 26 Skinner. Collegiate athletics: student athlete compensation and representation. (Urgency)
- S.B. No. 81 Skinner. Sentencing: dismissal of enhancements.
- S.B. No. 290 Skinner. Density Bonus Law: qualifications for incentives or concessions: student housing for lower income students: moderate-income persons and families: local government constraints.
- S.B. No. 693 Stern. Pupil instruction: genocide education: the Holocaust.
- S.B. No. 339 Wiener. Vehicles: road usage charge pilot program.
- S.B. No. 239 Committee on Banking and Financial Institutions. Government finance: surplus investments:
- savings and loan associations or credit unions.
- S.B. No. 813 Committee on Governance and Finance. Local Government Omnibus Act of 2021
- S.B. No. 824 Committee on Governance and Finance. California Department of Tax and Fee Administration
- S.B. No. 814 Committee on Transportation. Transportation: omnibus bill.
Thu July 15 — Rules
- State Capitol, Room 437 at 15 minutes prior to session
- Asm. Cooley, Chair
The Capitol will be open for attendance of this hearing. Any member of the public attending a hearing in the Capitol will need to wear a mask at all times while in the building. All are encouraged to watch the hearing from its live stream on the Assembly’s website at https://www.assembly.ca.gov/todaysevents