Astroturfing & Media-Parroting
We found some right here . . . no consumer-driven group would parrot the very propaganda points of the Wireless industry. This is so laughably “fake”, it is unfathomable that anyone who is not in on this Wireless Industry Heist would think this is legitimate:
The petition we found this morning (see links that follow) is obviously paid astroturf , i.e. fake grassroots, as explained in the John Oliver video, below.
- Care2 Petition → https://www.thepetitionsite.com/takeaction/274/229/748/
- Petition from “Communities for a Connected Future” → https://connectedforourfuture.com/
Part A: John Oliver an Astroturfing
Astroturfing is Fake Grassroots
Last Week with John Oliver on Astroturfing
Part B: Media-Parroting
Repeating Industry-Sponsored Agendas is Fake News
We can do better than either Astroturfing or Media-Parroting because these options are deceptive and lazy. We, instead, can learn How to Disagree
Some arguments in podcasts use Name-Calling and Ad Hominem techniques. I see both of these techniques in the 9/1/18 Android Authority and Sound Guys podcasts, referenced above.
Scientists For Wired Technology (S4WT) disagrees with much of the information presented in September 1, 2018 Joint Podcasts from The Sound Guys and Android Authority. S4WT doesn’t know these four gentlemen. We will focus on what they are presenting and will refute many of their arguments with substantial information.
First. are these four gentlemen trained journalists? Members of the media? Wireless Industry Parrots? Let’s see what we can find out.
Android Authority — https://www.androidauthority.com/
Founders of Android Authority: Derek Scott and Darcy LaCouvee; the Sound Guys is a sibling podcast produced by Android Authority.
- Darcy LaCouvee is the Editor in chief at Android Authority. He follows the latest trends and is extremely passionate about mobile technology. With a keen eye for spotting emerging trends and reporting them, he works hard to bring you the best analysis, updates, and reports on all things Android!
- Derek Scott, a webmaster by trade, has been making websites since the early days of the internet. When Derek is not in front of a screen he enjoys learning new things and seeing new sights. Derek is responsible for the development at Android Authority.
Android Authority Podcasters: — https://www.androidauthority.com/about
- Adam Doud, podcaster, Adam has 4+ years of experience as a content creator for sites including Pocketnow and Booredatwork, and is a welcome addition to Team AA.
- Joe Hindy, podcaster, is known as the ‘app guy’ around these parts. He also likes to branch out and talk about a variety of other topics from gaming to TV tech, and more.
The Sound Guys Podcasters — https://www.soundguys.com/about/
- Christian Thomas, Executive Editor; Christian is a seasoned tech expert, having served as an imaging, audio, and storage tech expert for several major outlets including USA Today. Chris is Head of Product Testing for Android Authority, and acts as the Executive Editor for our personal audio site: SoundGuys.
- Adam Molina, Editor, Portland-based writer who has a passion for science and technology. You can usually find him drooling over new gadgets on the internet, re-reading the Harry Potter series, or watching a wildlife documentary. In addition to his role over at our sibling-site Sound Guys, Adam has been known to contribute to Android Authority from time to time. He’s a Portland based writer who has a passion for science and technology
Trained journalists? Maybe Christian Thomas. That doesn’t mean the others can’t contribute valuable information. Full disclosure — S4WT has no trained journalists. We have expertise in software engineering and marketing.
The strength of any argument rests on the data and evidence presented. That’s what matters. So let’s see what these podcasters have argued and then we will refute many arguments with substantial data and evidence.